Sunday 2nd of August 2026. Fuerteventura.
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:10574183
I have dropped anchor in Morro Jable.
150 miles, 36 hours. An arduous trip. The winds here are ferocious but sometimes there is no avoiding them. I have a flight booked from Fuerteventura so had to make the crossing at some point.
4/8/26. Morro de Jable. Sitting at a bar looking at Nomad, the tiny boat in the middle distance. I have almost never come across anyone visiting these parts in a boat as small as Nomad.
Do you think this was your worst journey so far in your sailing career?
ReplyDeleteIt comes very close.
DeletePS. There is such a thing as cancelling a flight and rebooking!😉
ReplyDeleteIf I had known in advance, that's what I would have done.
DeleteFortunately, I've landed in a place, Morro de Jable, that gets 4.5 stars in Tripadvisor. It's too windy for me to try rowing ashore with the inflatable so I've swum in with the minimum necessary in a plastic bag. Am now at a bar looking at Nomad.
ReplyDelete