Friday 12th of June 2026. La Palma marina.
Arrived this morning. The pilot book said that this was the most expensive marina in the Canary Isles so happily suprised to only be charged €10 per night, I've booked in for 6 nights and have to get back before the weather turns again.
La Palma is the island that is expected to explode sometime in the future and create a tsunami that will wipe out Americas east coast. There was activity and lava flows here as recently as 2021 but I dont remember seeing it on the news.
I didn't realise that about La Palma until I started watching a Spanish/Norwegian drama on Netflix. I then googled it and I think we've discussed it sometime ago.
ReplyDeleteHave you been to all of the Canary Islands yet?
This is the fourth, Hierro, Fuertaventura and Lanzarote to go.
DeleteI think there are only about 10,000 people on El Hierro. Saw a Spanish drama on Netflix situated there. The only Canary Island I have been to is Lanzarote. Lucy and I went to stay with my youngest sister who was living there at the time.
ReplyDeleteMy sister must have seen the same drama and wants to see El Hierro. It's my next destination and we're meeting there in a few weeks time.
Delete