Monday 17th of August 2026. Back on the boat at Gran Tarajal, Fuerteventura.
https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ships/shipid:10574183
The harbourmaster said nothing when I went to see him but I doubt he believed my story about having to go to a funeral. I am anchored back outside of the marina, in the bay with about four other boats and have tested my new fins from Decathlon, managing to dive 7 metres to touch my anchor. Next stop is Castillo Caleta de Fuste, about 20 miles up the coast. They don't have any space for me but there are so few places that I can stop in Fuerteventura that I don't want to miss it so I will wait here a bit to see if things change.
Tuesday 18th August 2026.
Looking at the forecast, if I don't move up to Lanzarote either today or tomorrow then I could be stuck here for weeks. I don't have the will to do that, so it looks like I might be here for some time. I have a new watertight bag (thank you, Carmel), which I think will come in very handy.
Thursday 20th of August 2026.
The wind eases on Sunday, I'm planning to move on then.
Comments
Post a Comment